About the business
iGreenData is a next-generation technology company focusing on Cloud, Data, and Digital first solutions that are changing how technology provides value to businesses, empowering organisations to take advantage of the scalability, reliability, and improved performance of cloud computing. We offer highly differentiated technology services to our customers. Our customers benefit from the industry-leading digital and cloud capabilities we deliver together with our niche partner ecosystem. We leverage our intellectual property and our unique family of accelerators to helping our customers develop and run Intelligent businesses and transform the customer experience.
What you’ll contribute to the position
As a Software Engineer, you will use technical expertise to design and implement software solutions for our customers. You’ll apply your passion for building clean, robust code to large-scale systems. With your well-developed interpersonal skills, you will be an active team member and contribute to delivering customer-focused, optimal quality business outcomes.
About the role
The role requires participation in each stage of development, from requirements to final acceptance. You will join all Sprint ceremonies/meetings and make every effort to ensure that each new feature meets the Completion Criteria.
Our team, where you will be part of, is very collaborative, friendly, and improvement-oriented. We encourage having fun while at work. We support a flexible hybrid working model with a mix of days in the office and at home.
To be successful, you’ll need great teamwork, communication, and problem-solving abilities, as well as the ability to work in an agile, dynamic workplace. You need to be a great team member and place importance on continual development, responsibility, transparency, and the capacity to pivot.
With iGreenData, you’ll excel as a Software Engineer engaging with your peers in the design and development process alongside customer stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
Here’s an overview of some of the responsibilities you’ll have as a software engineer.
- Work in agile software delivery teams.
- Implement software technology solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements and expectations
- Develop high-quality code that can function with existing code, patterns, and architectural techniques
- Effectively utilise development best practices
- Active participation in team agile development practices
- Ensure superior code quality through methods including unit testing
- Design systems that are effective in production environments and are easy to maintain
- Help our clients maintain and run reliable applications and systems
- Promote modern software engineering practices
- Keep your skills up to date and always be looking for continuous improvement
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of Software engineer Experience
- Hands-on experience on Spring Boot, Microservices & Serverless Architecture
- Critical to have solid development experience in a Java focused on data, APIs & Microservices
- Experience in Java & Java frameworks – Spring (Core, MVC, Boot), Struts, JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with API design and building RESTful web services
- Experience in Multi-threading and high availability / high throughput programming
- Experience with Performance tuning
- Experience with Containerisation/Kubernetes Docker
- AWS Cloud project experience
- Experience working with any cloud platform AWS, GCP, AZURE
- Microservices, AWS/GCP Cloud Deployment, and API
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads under pressure and meet deadlines
- A self-starter who is hands-on and knows how to find answers and work with ambiguity
- Value-driven and practical in your approach
Benefits and perks
- Ongoing professional and career development
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, including private healthcare and more.
- We’re growing, so there will be plenty of opportunities to grow your career with us as we expand
- Lots of social activities
- A learning organisation – we invest our time and money in learning
- Supporting individual learning opportunities, hosting, and attending ‘brown bag’ lunches, meetups
- Generous training budget
If this opportunity sound likes something you would be interested in, we want to hear from you! Our team will assess your application, and if we feel that you could be a good fit for any of our client partners, we will be in touch regarding the next steps. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a software development role?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a software engineer?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?